- I have removed the "Other Event" and "Session Archive" categories, for a simpler layout. The "Session Archive" was only a dumping ground for old Sessions, and I don't think anyone ever read them. Non-game session events can now be posted to the Session Planner, using the Event drop-down box to mark it as "Other Event".
- Although I have imported all the posts from the old site for "Posh Talk" and "Rules and Variants", I haven't retained the posts in the "Helpdesk" area, as I don't want to confuse people with old posts about the old site. Feel free to ask questions.
- I have also not copied any of the old "Session Planner" entries, as it made the upgrade so much easier - in fact previous attempts at upgrading had been stalled at how to import the old posts into the new format. We are starting with a clean slate.
- In both calendars (sidebar and main calendar) Game Sessions will be in blue, Other Events will be in green and Test Events are currently in red.
- Go to the forum, and click on "New Topic".
- If you need to change the event type, use the drop-down box. It defaults to "Game Session", but there are two other options "Online Game Session" and "Other Event" (for social meets and things).
- Pick a date. At the moment, either using the dropdown boxes for Day, Month, Year, or clicking on the little calendar.
- Enter a subject line. As before, this is clearer if you type <game session name> @ <venue> - like "Twilight Imperium @ Market Deeping", "Tuesday Evening @ The Brewery Tap" or "Online Session @ Discord".
- Enter details of the session, as usual - time, games being played, any limit of attendees - anything relevant.
- Click Submit. A new box will appear, headed Attending. Fill out the form and click Enter - even if you are hosting; it does not assume the person scheduling is attending.
It isn't really necessary to answer "no" or "don't know", but the option is there should people want it. In particular, if you say "yes", and then change your mind, please come back and say "no", so people know you are not coming.
The details of the sessions will appear both in the sidebar and the forum calendar, with the number attending in [brackets]
Any questions, feel free to ask, here or in "Helpdesk".